"For I was hungry & you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty & you gave me something to drink..."

Matthew 25:35

Sunday, February 17, 2008

chocolate chocolate cake

I made a birthday cake today- tomorrow is a co-worker's b-day and since it was my b-day was last, i have to provide the cake this time around. i don't mind at all, because of my love for baking and this particular co-worker. she is the sweetest, quirkiest, craziest lady ever. she's also a new grandmother, so while i have to listen to accounts of her grandaughter's latest accomplishments, (i.e. blinking, smiling, pooping) i still love her. sooo, when i was told she like chocolate cake with chocolate icing went to work. in the end, this was the result:

i'm pretty excited about it- i don't really like chocolate on chocolate but i taste tested some and i think it's gonna be a hit. even brandon tried it and he dislikes chocolate on chocolate even more than i, and he said it was good. so i'm pleased.
it's basically just chocolate sponge cake (cut into 3 layers) with chocolate frosting (simple chocolate buttercream) after putting it together & frosting it, i pressed mini chocolate chips into the frosting- the 3 hearts on top are heart shaped York Peppermint Patties. woo hoo!
Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails