"For I was hungry & you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty & you gave me something to drink..."

Matthew 25:35

Sunday, August 9, 2009

OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS

i forgot to take a picture so i had to steal one from online (ie: below picture is NOT mine- der)- thank you google!
my muffins basically looked the same- except more sugar/choc chips on top:

OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS

1 1/4 cups flour
1 cup oatmeal, quick or old fashioned- uncooked
2/3 cup chocolate chips
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp.baking soda
1/2 tsp.salt
2/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg, lightly beaten

Topping:
3/4 cup choco chips
1/4 cup sugar
4-6 tblsp flour

mix together.

Heat oven to 350 and line muffin cups with paper liners.

For muffins, mix flour, oats, baking powder, soda and salt in large bowl.
In another bowl combine buttermilk, honey, oil and egg and mix well; then add wet ingredients to dry mixture and mix until just blended. Do not overmix!
Divide mixture evenly to the muffin cups. Top with "topping"
Bake for about 20 minutes. Remove muffins from pan after about 5 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin It!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

These are in the oven as I type, T.
I hope they are as good as they smell! :)

Unknown said...

olive! woot!

Related Posts with Thumbnails