"For I was hungry & you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty & you gave me something to drink..."

Matthew 25:35

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Cinnamon Quick Bread

so quick. so easy. it's my go to bread when i need something fast for breakfast/snack. just makes sure it's done cooking (may take longer than 45 min)- yeah. it's no fun when you cut into it & realize it's so not done. at all.

Cinnamon Quick Bread
You Need:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 egg
1/4 cup canola oil
3 teaspoons cinnamon

Directions:

In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup sugar, baking soda and salt. Combine buttermilk, egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar.

Grease the bottom only of a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Pour half of the batter into pan; sprinkle with half of the cinnamon-sugar. Carefully spread with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.

Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Pin It!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Uhh... I cant read your directions, and that worries me.

Unknown said...

can you now?

Related Posts with Thumbnails